Save the Date Memo - Early Childhood Leaders Collaborative Institute Fall 2017
The Virginia Department of Education (VDOE) in collaboration with the Head Start Collaboration Office will offer the Early Childhood Education Leaders Collaborative Institutes. The purpose is to deliver targeted technical assistance and professional development to leaders in early childhood programs in the educational arena. This includes:
- School division leaders who act as the program administrator for Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) programs,
- School division leaders or local agency leaders who act as the program coordinator for the Virginia Preschool Initiative (VPI) or the Virginia Preschool Initiative Plus (VPI+) programs, and
- Program leaders who act as the Disabilities Specialist for Head Start programs.
Three Institutes will be repeated throughout the state. Participants will be assigned to an Institute location based on the Department of Education Superintendent’s Regions. The dates, locations and designated participants for each Institute are as follows:
- Thursday, October 26, 2017 – Wytheville, VA
o Participants: Region 6 and Region 7
- Monday, November 6, 2017 – Charlottesville, VA
o Participants: Region 4, Region 5, and Region 8
- Thursday, November 9, 2017 – Williamsburg, VA
o Participants: Region 1, Region 2, and Region 3
More detailed information regarding place, schedule and registration procedures will soon be available. Questions in the interim can be directed to the appropriate contact.
For questions related to Early Childhood Special Education participation contact Dawn Hendricks, Early Childhood Special Education Specialist at Dawn.Hendricks@doe.virginia.gov; (804) 225-2675.
For questions related to VPI or VPI+ participation contact Mark Allan, Early Childhood Education Project Manager, at Mark.Allan@doe.virginia.gov; (804) 225-3665.
For questions related to Head Start participation contact Aleta Lawson, Director – Head Start Collaboration Office, at Aleta.Lawson@dss.virginia.gov, (804) 726-7468.