Superintendent's Memo - #234-17: Early Childhood Education Leaders Collaborative Institutes Fall 2017
The Virginia Department of Education (VDOE) in collaboration with the Head Start Collaboration Office will offer the Early Childhood Education Leaders Collaborative Institutes Fall 2017. The purpose of these Institutes is to deliver targeted technical assistance and professional development to leaders in early childhood programs in the educational arena. This includes:
- School division leaders who act as the program administrator for Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) programs,
- School division leaders or local agency leaders who act as the program coordinator for the Virginia Preschool Initiative (VPI) or the Virginia Preschool Initiative Plus (VPI+) programs, and
- Program leaders who act as the Disabilities Specialist for Head Start programs.
The Institutes will focus on building and leading high-quality early childhood inclusive programs. Specifically, participants will:
- Learn about Regulations and state initiatives related to increasing and improving inclusive practices for children with disabilities;
- Discuss key challenges to implementing inclusive programs and plan for solutions;
- Learn about successful division and program strategies and engage in peer-to-peer discussions about quality inclusive programs; and
- Increase knowledge of tools and resources to support the development of program-level policies and procedures that promote preschool inclusion.
Please review the Superintendent Memo for more details. Be sure to register at the host location for your regions.