CLASS Communities of Practice Summer Training Opportunities
The Virginia Early Childhood Foundation (VECF) is sponsoring several summer training opportunities related to CLASS:
Register by 6/30/2020
Limited Spaces! Courses start week of 7/6/2020!
CLASS Primer for Leaders (2 hours coursework, plus 2 hours of LC’s over 4 weeks)
• Understand how CLASS works and why it is important
• Identify the value CLASS brings to your organization in the areas of improved teacher effectiveness and student outcomes
• Communicate how the functions of CLASS fit into the work of your organization
• Learn to interpret CLASS data and how to use it
• Feel confident enough in the value of CLASS to choose next steps in your CLASS journey
CLASS Foundations for Pre-K Teachers (21 hours course work plus 10 hours LC’s over 6 months)
• Complete teacher-focused content that promotes engagement and buy-in.
• Teachstone Specialists introduce teachers to the CLASS Framework to guide them through the courses and encourage them to reflect on their classroom practice.
• Flexible course structure allows teachers to focus on the domains, dimensions and indicators of the CLASS tool aligned to their own learning and professional goals.
• Each course offers bite-sized learning opportunities, which can be accessed from any device, to support teachers in fitting professional development into their busy schedules
Location: From your work or home office/computer
Trainings are offered at no cost to participants
*LEARNING COMMUNITIES INCLUDED FOR DISCUSSION AND REFLECTION*