- Assessment - This page provides resources and professional development related to assessment in early childhood special education.
- Child Development - This page provides resources and professional development related to supporting the development of young children.
- Curriculum & Instruction - This page provides resources and professional development related to curriculum or instructional strategies used in preschool settings.
- Family Engagement - This page provides resources and professional development related to family engagement and building relationships with families.
- Inclusion - This page provides resources and professional development related inclusive practices that support concepts of least restrictive environment.
- Social-Emotional Development
- Behavior Intervention and Positive Behavior Support
- Supporting Communication
Showing Results 1 - 7 of 7
Description: Sensitive and responsive interactional practices are the foundation for promoting the development of a childs language and cognitive and emotional competence. These interactional practices are the basis for fostering all childrens learning. For children who have or are at risk for developmental delays/disabilities, they represent a critical set of strategies for fostering childrens social-emotional competence, communication, cognitive development, problem-solving, autonomy, and persistence. This...
Description: Evidence-Based Practices, a three part series, from IRIS Center: Evidence-Based Practices (Part 1): Identifying and Selecting a Practice or Program discusses the importance of identifying and selecting evidence-based practices (est. completion time: 1.5 hours). Evidence-Based Practices (Part 2): Implementing a Practice or Program with Fidelity discusses implementing an evidence-based practice or program with fidelity (est. completion time: 1 hour). Evidence-Based Practices (Part 3):...
Description: This page provides resources and materials that include web-based learning opportunities and evidence-based instructional strategies. The goal of the center is to increase the competence, confidence and effectiveness of personnel in Head Start programs to include children with disabilities.
Description: The ICP is a classroom observation measure for assessing the quality of inclusive classroom practices that support the developmental needs of children with disabilities, 2 ½ -5 years of age, in early childhood settings. This training is series of online modules that provide an overview of the ICP provided through the Frank Porter Graham Child Development Institute.
Description: This position statement jointly created by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) and the Division for Early Childood (DEC) of the Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) was published in 2009. It defines early childhood inclusion and clarifies what is meant by access, participation, and supports. Look for "Inclusion (April 2009) to find the position statement in English and Spanish as well as an executive summary.
Description: The DEC Recommended Practices were developed to provide guidance to practitioners and families about the most effective ways to improve the learning outcomes and promote the development of young children, birth through age 5, who have or are at-risk for developmental delays or disabilities.
Description: NPDCI has developed a document, Research Synthesis Points on Quality Inclusive Practices that provides brief descriptions and supporting references for the evidence-based and promising practices that support early childhood inclusion. These practices are organized into three major sections corresponding to the defining features of high quality early childhood inclusion as described in Early Childhood inclusion: A Joint Position Statement of the Division for Early Childhood (DEC) and the National...