Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) Program Administrator Webinar (Online Event)
The Office of Early Childhood at the Virginia Department of Education (VDOE) will offer a webinar focused on Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) data and making quality program improvements on April 29 from 1:00 pm-2:00 pm. The purpose is to deliver targeted technical assistance to school division leaders who act as the program administrator for ECSE programs for preschool children with Individualized Education Programs (IEPs). Since each division is different, this may include directors, coordinators, specialists, lead teachers, or others serving in this capacity. Divisions are strongly encouraged to identify the individual who has primary responsibility for ECSE programs to attend this webinar.
The webinar will provide information related to:
- December 1, 2020 Child Count data and implications for Child Find
- State data summaries for Indicators 6 (Early Childhood Placement) and Indicator 7 (Early Childhood Outcomes) and how to access division level data
- Changes to Indicator 6 in the new State Performance Report
- Virginia Preschool Initiative and Head Start inclusion targets
- Advancing Effective Interactions and Instruction external observations
- Using data to improve program quality
- Professional development and technical assistance opportunities
The webinar will be April 29 from 1:00 pm-2:00 pm. Registration is required to participate. Resources needed for the webinar will be emailed to those registered prior to the event. Upon registration, you will receive a confirmation email including the secure link and password to join. If you do not receive a confirmation email within 24 hours, be sure to check your spam folder/junk mail.
For questions please contact Dawn Hendricks, Early Childhood Special Education Coordinator, by email at Dawn.Hendricks@doe.virginia.gov.
4/29/2021 1:00 PM