Early Childhood Special Education Program Administrator Summer Institute August 2016
The Virginia Department of Education (VDOE) is pleased to announce the Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) Program Administrator Summer Institute. This two-day Institute will provide targeted technical assistance and professional development opportunities to school division leaders who act as the program administrator for Early Childhood Special Education programs. Since each division is different, this may include administrators, coordinators, specialists, lead teachers, or others serving in this capacity. The Summer Institute is the initial event to develop a leadership network and to provide ongoing State directed communication and online and live professional development to those responsible for ECSE programs.
The Early Childhood Special Education Program Administrator Summer Institute will provide support to school division leaders in the implementation of programs for preschool children with Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) and the collection, reporting, and use of ECSE Indicator data. Participants will:
- Increase knowledge and skills about:
- The VDOE’s goals for ECSE and activities designed to impact Virginia’s State Systemic Improvement Plan (SSIP) to increase graduation rates for students with disabilities;
- Collection of Indicator 6 (Educational Setting) data with an eye toward accuracy;
- Collection of Indicator 7 (Child Outcomes) data with an eye toward quality and integrity;
- Using data to impact ECSE programs;
- Enhancing inclusive opportunities for students with IEPs; and
- Resources that support increased 619 data quality.
- Learn about Regulations related to ECSE for children of preschool ages;
- Have an opportunity to discuss key challenges; and
- Learn about successful division strategies and engage in peer-to-peer discussions about quality 619 data.
8/9/2016 - 8/10/2016
Boar's Head Inn, Charlottesville, VA
1. LEADS presentation8-3-16.pptx
2. 2016 LEADS Panel Present_Transitioning EI-ECSE.pptx
3. Transition Part C to B.Negotiables Chart.8-1-16.final.docx
4.a. Intervention Choices.docx
4.b. Early Childhood Special Education Brochure.pdf
4.c. Sped Process (Descrip).docx
4.d. Sped Process (Diagram).pdf